Does Your Website Have Five Winning Traits?
There are numerous factors to consider while planning your website design. Here are five time-tested features that elevate an average website into greatness, engaging your visitors at first glance:
- Encompass Your Brand through Design: There are thousands of templates and Word Press themes, so settle on the theme that is truly is an extension of your business branding. Your logo, colors, industry, and business style all play a part in your choice.
- Web-friendly Copy: You have 30 seconds to catch a visitor’s attention through website copy. Write concise, engaging and brief copy. The reader needs to understand your brand quickly. Less is more. Keep copy simple with short sentences, phrases, and/or bullet points.
- Capture Meaning with Images: Humans are visual beings. This is why Instagram and Pinterest are hugely popular. A picture says a thousand words: your home page pictures need to tell the right story. Ditch low-quality photos with mediocre composition. Go for strong, colorful, impactful images that are loaded with meaning.
- Testimonials Sell: “Social proof” is a powerful marketing technique. People buy from a business if they know other people are buying from the same business. Tout a happy customer claim on the front page of your website. This tells website visitors you already have customers who rave about your business.
- A Call to Action that Converts. It is amazing how many businesses launch websites without a clear way for customers to take the next action step. Whether you want the visitor to call you for an estimate, read your white paper, or schedule an appointment online, give your customers a clear and simple way to take action.
Land the attention your site deserves! Incorporate these five winning traits before launching your new or revised website.